Aims and Objectives
At Cherry Tree Hill Primary School the aims of Music are:
- To encourage children to be able to perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the words of the great composers and musicians
- To encourage the singing, and through the enjoyment of singing, continue to encourage children to perform in different scenarios, venues and events.
- To to be able to compose and create their own pieces of music on their own or as part of a small ensemble.
- To have the opportunity to learn to play a musical instrument.
- To encourage the use of technology in composition, creation and in the performance of music.
- To understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated across the world and in different cultures.
- To be able to understand and use a range of musical terminology appropriately both in music lessons and across the curriculum.
The school offers opportunities for children to develop their talents in all aspects of music including composition, singing and appreciation.
Assemblies are used to enhance the children’s listening and appraising skills. Visiting peripatetic teachers for guitar and drumming offer the opportunity for children to experience formal tuition. We have a wide range of extra music activities ranging from regular workshops with Keystrings and Derby schools Choir Competition.
To continue to develop a skills based approach to the Music curriculum.