At Cherry Tree Hill, we will enable children to communicate what they see, feel and think. Children can experiment with their ideas, their use of colour, texture, form, pattern and different materials and processes. We ensure that there is ample opportunity for children to develop in six areas of art: drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, textiles and collage. We encourage children’s curiosity and enjoyment by teaching skills discreetly whilst also using art as a way to teach cross curricular subjects.
Our Intent for Art:
• To provide opportunities for children to work with a range of media from the six areas of art covered: drawing, painting, printmaking, textiles, sculpture and collage
• To provide engaging and well-resourced lessons which promote children’s enjoyment and experience of the arts
• To develop children’s artistic abilities which build on prior skills and understanding.
• To provide all children with the opportunity to experiment with ideas and methods in their personal sketchbooks
• To provoke curiosity about famous artists and designers by learning about their lives and achievements.